Vaccination Phase Update
The 89 Health Departments operated by the State of Tennessee, including the Cumberland County Health Department, has now moved into the 2a and 2b risk phases for vaccinations which includes critical infrastructure workers. They are also moving into the 55+ age groups for eligibility. If you are in any of these groups, you can sign up today!
Vaccination appointments are widely available across the state, with many rural Tennessee county health departments seeing only a fraction of their daily COVID-19 vaccination appointments filled. Tennesseans eligible for COVID-19 vaccination can visit https://vaccinate.tn.gov/ to book their vaccination appointment at their county health department.
Information on other vaccination locations in the community is available at https://vaccinefinder.org/search/. These sites include retail pharmacies, independent pharmacies, hospitals, federally qualified health care centers, and faith-based health clinics.
Cumberland County Schools COVID-19 data as of Friday, March 19, 2021
- 6 positive active student cases
- 5 positive active staff cases
- 112 total students quarantined due to being determined to have had close contact with another individual who tested positive.
- 10 total staff members quarantined due to being determined to have had close contact with another individual who tested positive.
There will be no number release next week due to Spring Break.
Cumberland County Population Vaccinated
- Number of vaccines reported (including first and second doses): 23,134
- County Population with at least one dose of any manufacturer: 14,946
- County Population Fully Vaccinated: 8,479
State Vaccination Dashboard:
COVID-19 Update (difference from previous day)
The following are the numbers from the Tennessee Department of Health (TDH) for Cumberland County as of the date of this newsletter. The change from the prior day, not my prior newsletter, is in parenthesis.
91 active cases (+0)
6,029 inactive/recovered (+9)
123 deaths officially reported (+0)
6,243 positive cases (+9)
142 cumulative hospitalizations (+0) *
8.35% positivity rate – 7-day average
11.72% cumulative positivity rate (positive cases / positive cases + negative tests)
10.32% of residents have tested positive
0.15% of residents have active cases
* Hospitalization data reflect the cumulative (total) number of cases of Cumberland County residents that were ever hospitalized AT ANY HOSPITAL from COVID-19. It does not reflect the number of people currently hospitalized.
Vaccination and Testing Locations
COVID-19 vaccination and testing are both conducted at the Community Complex grounds on Livingston Road. Although both are on the same grounds, the locations are different. Vaccinations are held closest to the Taco Bell entrance on the Highway 127 side of the grounds and are located close to the 3-way stop at Industrial Boulevard and Livingston Road. Testing is located closest to the Farmers Market entrance on the West Avenue (Highway 70N) side of the grounds.
Please watch the signs as they are located to help you get in the correct line.
Cumberland County Health Department (CCHD) Update on Vaccinations and Testing
Monday 3/22 9am-2pm (2nd Dose Pfizer)
Tuesday 3/23 9am-2pm (2nd Dose Pfizer)
Wednesday 3/24 1:30-4:30pm (2nd Dose Moderna)
Thursday 3/25 9am-1pm (1st Dose Moderna)
1:30-4:30pm (2nd Dose Moderna)
Friday 3/26 9am-1pm (1st Dose Moderna)
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays will continue to be self-test days. Designated drop off is at CCHD by 3pm only on those days only. The test can be completed onsite at complex and left with testing staff.
Tuesdays and Thursdays will continue to be PCR testing conducted by Health Department staff.
AS OF MONDAY APRIL 5 – the new testing times will be from 10:00am until 12:00pm Monday-Friday unless otherwise closed for holidays.
COVID-19 Information and Vaccine Key Links
- Vaccine Information and Appointments:
- Vaccination Locations:
- State of TN COVID-19 Vaccine Resources:
- TDH COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- County Phase Status:
- Tennessee COVID-19 Vaccination Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Calculator:
- Click here for the TDH Quarantine & Isolation Calculator:
- A new dashboard has been released for each county. You can now view the Cumberland County COVID-19 dashboard here:
- School level COVID-19 data is now available online. Click this link to see the information available for Cumberland County:
Thank you for being part of the solution and thank you for the opportunity to serve as your County Mayor. If you are interested in hearing my thoughts and views on news, events, and activities in Cumberland County, please subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Cumberland County Mayor